Butterfly valve lugged type in Dubai UAE
The log type valve has blades that are used to install the valve to the branches that connect the flanges at the end of the pipe sections to separate each length of pipe and replace it independently. Wafer type valves do not have connection logs, they may have level levers. Marine Land has the best for you.
There are 3 main categories of butterfly valves:
- Rubber coating
- plastic cover
A butterfly valve is a quarter-rotating rotary valve used to stop, adjust and start flow.
Butterfly valves open easily and quickly. Rotating the knob 90 degrees causes the valve to close or open completely. Large butterfly valves are usually equipped with a gearbox in which the cart is connected to the shaft by gears. This simplifies valve operation, but at the expense of speed.
Types of the butterfly valve
There are different types of butterfly valves depending on the type of body, which can be mentioned as follows:
Wafer, Lug, Flanged, and Welded.
Butterfly valve lugged type
lugged type is one of the body types in these valves that has the following features:
- Has a screw hole for connection to the pipe flange.
- Because it has threaded bolts around the entire area, the valve is a safer option — most customers can switch from wafer to valve. However, they cannot be changed from one paragraph to another.
- Logs can be used as the end of the pipe or as a final service.
- With some low-strength body materials, the threads are weak. Therefore, lever valves may have lower screw torque points than wafers.
- Garlock only offers wafers and lag valves. The screw torque is the same for both types.